5 Helpful Home Plumbing Tips
1) The most important to remember if there is a plumbing emergency is to turn off your water supply as it will help prevent further damage from occurring. Therefore, it's critical to know where the main shut-off valve is located in your home or business. Take the time to know where to shut down the main water supply as well as the house side water valves are located to sinks and faucets.
2) Winterize your home by applying weather stripping to your doorways and windows and wrap exposed pipes with insulation sleeves or towels/blankets/rags in order for them to not freeze during extremely harsh cold weather. It will only take a small drip over a few minutes through a frozen pipe to cause it to burst.
3) When it's time for a long overdue holiday it's a good idea to turn off the water flow to your sinks and toilets before going. These are generally located behind the toilet and underneath the sink.
4) If you're experiencing lower water pressure in the shower there may be a mineral build up in your showerhead. You can place a cup of vinegar in a plastic bag and twist tie it to the showerhead overnight. This will loosen the mineral deposits so you can use an old toothbrush to scrape this out which should improve your water pressure.
5) Before purchasing a new home it's always a good idea to have a professional plumbing inspection done. There is a host of factors in any plumbing system which could affect your decision to purchase including previous plumbing repairs to completed correctly. If it's an older home ensure to check the type of pipes to know if an upgrade will become necessary in the near future. If you are considering purchasing a home in a rural area make sure to have the septic tank inspected as well.
Should you need a professional plumbing inspection or any other emergency or non-emergency service you so well to call the professionals at EmergencyPlumber.ca. We are open 24 hours a day, each and every day of the year to provide expert plumbing repair, installations, inspections, and maintenance. Call us today!
Why Choose EmergencyPlumber.ca?
No Hourly Fees - There are several advantages to choosing our local plumbers who offer flat-rate pricing. Based on our Toronto plumbers passion and commitment to professional workmanship you know we will stay until the job is complete successfully. If the job takes a bit longer than originally planned it is because we want our solution to get done right and not simply because we are on the clock.
Exact, Upfront Pricing - Our Toronto plumber will use our price book to determine the cost and create a detailed outline for you with the scope and total cost of the job before we get started. This way you will be completely comfortable during our visit knowing that it will get done right the first time and for the long-term. There are no overtime charges, no hidden fees, and no charges for our travel time.
Fast Response Times - Our efficient, friendly dispatcher will ensure they send the closest, local Toronto plumber to you as quickly as they can. During regular conditions, our local experts will be at your home or business within forty-eight hours. During busy times of the year, or if we need to order a specialty part it can cause the service call to take more time but you can trust we genuinely care to get there as fast as possible.
Priority Service Calls - Toronto plumbing emergencies are our top priority. We understand that they can become a serious health and safety issue for your family and home. Let us know that it is a real emergency and our local plumber will arrive at your home or business within twenty-four hours. Should you have a serious plumbing emergency first turn off the water supply then give us a call. Please know that priority services will require a credit card upfront.
Local Plumbers - When you rely on us for Toronto plumbing service you are getting a local plumber in your city or area. This way you get the fastest response time possible by a local expert who knows the area. With local plumbers in more than one hundred neighborhoods, towns, and cities in the Greater Toronto Area you can rest assured that our experienced team can fix your plumbing problem in no time at all.
Equipped Work Vehicles - Our company trucks and vans are fully equipped with all of the specialized, professional brand name supplies and materials required to get the job done on our first visit. It is very rare that it is necessary to order parts not on hand but if we do we can have it ordered and on the way within a day. Expect our Toronto plumbers to show up clean, organized and ready to work.
Open 24 Hours A Day – Mon-Sun 12:00am – 12:00pm.
* Terms and conditions may apply. To learn about any policy information click here.